Gary exceeds the allowable limit of characters
on his play credits so we've highlight just a few extra finely tuned
artists among Mr. Pocket's peers. Gary has thumped all over his side
of the stage with Rosanne Cash & Bruce Gary, Ron Bushy, Chris
Cain, Darrell Mansfield, Ronnie Ciago, Terri Nunn & Berlin, Coco
Montoya, Martha Davis & The Motels, Eddie Money, Johnny Winter,
Steve Smith, Michael Sims, Ronnie Montrose, and Mark Tanner Band.
Currently, Gary pounds thunder as the bassist for Cold Comfort
Band, Teddy Lee Hooker, and his own project, Roadawgs, playing all
round southern California, as well as his duties as bassist for
Robbie King & The Blues Counts featuring Tina Jackson.
Gary started playing at the age of seven years old. His father
was a jazz guitarist sideman who played with many great jazz musicians
of the day. Gary was molded from an early age to be a professional
musician like his father.
He studied under many great bassists like 'Donald "Duck"
Dunn' and 'Norm Niver' to name just a few. Gary started his first
band at the age of twelve years old and was declared a child prodigy.
For the next sixteen years he honed his playing skills performing
in many different bands.
In 1971 Gary moved to the Malibu Mountains where he met 'Randy
California' of the band 'Spirit' and was picked by the band to do
a tour across the U.S. This opened many doors for Gary in the music
industry as well as sharpening him to be a seasoned musician.
He has played and shared the stage with many pro musicians and
his accomplishments are many.
- Rosanna Cash
- Bruce Gary (The Knack)
- Black Oak Arkansas
- Ron Bushy (Iron Butterfly)
- Dickey Betts (The Allman Brothers)
- Eddie Money
- Johnny Winter
- Martha Davis (The Motels)
- Teri Nunn (Berlin)
- Coco Montoya
- Chris Cain
- Darrel Mansfield
- Ronnie Ciago
- Michael Sims
- Steve Smith (Journey)
- Ronnie Montrose
- Teddy Lee Hooker
- Mark Tanner Band
- 1974 - Spirit - 12 month tour - U.S.
- 1979 - Saxon - 8 month tour - United Kingdom/ U.S.
- 1980 - Influence - 6 month tour - Japan/Taiwan
- Influence - 1980 - "Influence You"
- Paul Stevenson Band - 1981 - Movie score for "Scavenger
- Train - 1981 - "Locomotive Rock 'N' Roll"
- Cottonwood Christian Center - 1999 - "Holy Nation"
- Cottonwood Christian Center - 2001 - "I Won't Forget"
- Brent Jones and the Tustin Baptist Church - 2002 - "Brent
- Teddy Lee Hooker - 2006 - "Electric Rain"
- Trust, The Band - 2009 - "Vertigo"
Gary is head of his own production company, "2nd Chance Productions"
where you can reach him at: